The Controller Maintenance with Logic Developer PLC course provides the student with the skills necessary to troubleshoot and repair faults in GE Intelligent Platforms controllers (90-30, 90-70, VersaMax, RX7i and RX3i). The class is taught using Logic Developer PLC software, which is part of the Machine Edition family of products. The focus of this course is teaching students how to interpret existing ladder logic programs for troubleshooting purposes. Students are also taught how to use the troubleshooting tools within the software to determine where faults have occurred and how to correct them.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for anyone who will be troubleshooting GE Intelligent Platforms PLC control systems using Proficy Logic Developer PLC Machine Edition software. The course is designed for electrical technicians, electricians, and/or engineers beginning to work with Logic Developer PLC, who will be tasked with modifying and maintaining PLC programs and hardware.
Are there any prerequisites?
Participants should be comfortable operating in a Microsoft Windows environment and should have a basic understanding of electrical/control fundamentals.
Upon completion of this Course, you should be able to:
• Define the function of each hardware component of GE Intelligent Platforms PLC systems
• Describe the Machine Edition software environment
• Configure and establish communication to the GE Intelligent Platforms PLC hardware
• Configure GE Intelligent Platforms PLC hardware using Logic Developer PLC software
• Define the instruction set(s) for GE Intelligent Platforms PLCs
• Modify existing ladder logic in GE Intelligent Platforms PLCs
• Access and interpret GE Intelligent Platforms PLC and I/O fault tables
• Use troubleshooting tools within Logic Developer PLC software
• Interpret existing ladder logic for troubleshooting purposes