GE Digital offers a comprehensive portfolio of security training services for critical infrastructure and Industrial Control Systems (ICS). The course content is developed and delivered by our security experts, who analyze and implement real-world security solutions on-site at operating facilities around the world. They bring vast experience, examples and anecdotes to provide applicable, actionable instruction.
Who should attend?
For IT System Architects/Managers and Plant Control Engineers responsible for designing, implementing and operating high security industrial networks.
Are there any prerequisites?
Familiar with industrial networking.
Instructor-led, classroom or virtual. Duration is 24-32 hours, either as four, eight-hour sessions (classroom) or five, five-hour sessions (virtual).
The following will be covered:
• ICS Overview and Architecture- In this module, participants will be given an overview of ICS components, key ICS terminology, OT vs. IT, common ICS protocols, and PCN network models.
• ICS Standards and Best Practices - This module provides and in-depth review of key OT security standards and discussion of pertinent security gaps.
• Common ICS Vulnerabilities - To understand how to adequately protect control systems, it is necessary to have an understanding of the vulnerabilities that contribute directly to risk within the ICS environment. The focus of this module is on some of the more common vulnerabilities.
• Security Controls in ICS - This module presents an introduction to security controls and presents examples of common security controls used to increase overall security posture and reduce risk.
• Current Efforts in Cyber Security - This module provides an introduction to regulatory and policy requirements analysis for creating site-specific security policies and procedures.
• Basic Networking Fundamentals - This module provides and introduction to computer network concepts, common communication protocols, TCP/IP, and the OSI model.
• Cyber Security Fundamentals - This module provides an introduction of key cyber security fundamentals such as cryptography, security communication protocols and wireless security.