A well-managed system results in improved system usability. In this interactive course, you will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to configure and maintain an APM Classic (on-premise) system.
Using Security Manager, you will learn how to control user access to your system. With Configuration Manager, you will learn to use the tools required to build, manage, and customize a database that meets your business needs. Through Operations Manager and Application Settings, you will learn to customize system preferences and options.
4001 APM Classic Administration is designed for:
- New system administrators
- New implementers
responsible for the setup, configuration, and maintenance of an APM Classic system.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Define a password policy
- Create security users, groups, and roles
- Define system-wide user defaults
- Export metadata from the database
- Create and configure an entity family, including fields, datasheeds, field behaviors, and ID templates
- Modify state management for an entity family
- Create relationship definitions between entity families
- Grant data permissions for entity families to security users and groups
- Create and configure system codes and tables for frequently-used values
- Examine unit of measure conversion formulas
- Create a site definition
- Configure system-wide settings for APM Classic, including connections to external systems, the asset hierarchy, and the search index
- Link an asset to its tags
- Enable usage metrics and monitoring
- Configure a custom risk matrix
- Create catalog folders and grant folder permissions to security users and groups